Tuesday, September 15, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons...

You rest. For a long, long time.

I had a really rough couple of weeks. I mean, I was down. Trying to stick to my plan and our workout schedule, Steve and I went for a late evening run Thursday night (the 3rd). It was seriously the worst run of my life. I had eaten dinner earlier, but that just proved to be too much on me. I kept getting cramps and wanted to stop every couple of minutes. Steve thought I was a jackass for not stopping. I was determined to push through the pain and just finish our run. On top of that, we didn't get to go very far because it started raining and there was just a little too much lightening for comfort. I think we went about 2.5 miles. It was a pretty good run, though as far as time. I don't remember the time off the top of my head, but it was at least a 10 minute mile. I'll take that, even with the painful cramps.

My next run was Saturday the 5th. It was another crappy run. I was miserable the whole time. I think it was just a little too humid for me and maybe I didn't eat enough before I left to go run. I finished the 6.88 mile run in 1 hour and 20 minutes with an average pace of 12 minutes per mile. I was really disappointed in my run. I thought for sure I was doing better than that..oh well, I guess. At least I finished it right?

Afterwards, though, I hit a snag. A big one. A snag so big it left me laid up in bed for a week. I still haven't been able to run and I honestly think my first run back in the game will actually be the 10k on Saturday. I'm hoping that this snag will have gone away by then and that I'll be just fine. Honestly, if I have to walk some during my run, I'll do it. I just can't let it stop me anymore. I feel like my problem was affecting every single aspect of my life. I couldn't work. I couldn't do anything. I'm just tired of letting it run my life and affect my plans. Here's hoping that my run on Saturday will be flippin' amazing and I'll actually do better after a 2 week break! ::crosses fingers::

On the plus side of things, Steve and I went house hunting on Saturday. It was my first excursion out of the apartment since the week before. We found a house we really liked and put an offer down. Of course, the seller countered and we re-countered and finally---he accepted! Now I have to schedule an inspection, which I would like to be done ASAP and then the appraisal. I am really hoping this is the one. We both feel really good about the home. It's move in ready, updated, and perfect for what we need right now. So hopefully, on October 15th, Steve and I will be closing on our first home! :)

1 comment:

Christina T said...

Mariah - I am seriously so excited for you! I know how hard you and Steve have worked to save, save, save for a down payment on a house. I hope everything works out with the appraisal and inspection and that you guys will be on your way to be homeowners.

As far as the running - I know that you are disappointed, but you are still doing an amazing thing! I wish I could be there this weekend cheering you on during the 10K. But just know that I'm cheering you on even if I'm not standing there! You are going to kick butt! I'm so proud of you - seriously.