Monday, September 28, 2009

All the Way Around!

Last week, after running my first 10k I was REALLY lazy. I'm talkin' laying around, watching episode after episode of Dexter, eating whatever I wanted, and going for a run twice. The first run was pretty decent. We went right after work on Tuesday and ran 4 miles. Thursday, though, was not great. About 1.25 miles in, I looked at Steve and was like, "I'm tired. I want to walk". I don't know why I just had no desire to run. So instead, we walked for a little bit. The good thing about our walk was that we could talk about our plans for the house and what we needed to do before closing (that's in 2 weeks!!!!). The bad thing was that I just felt terrible that I had no motivation to run.

Saturday, though, was my turnaround. We woke up at 6:30 (thanks to the dog and to my trusty alarm) and got ready for our long run. Knowing that we'd be going on a crazy long run, I knew we needed to eat something other than the usual few bites of a Clif bar. We both ate some cheerios and then went out to run. The weather outside on Saturday morning was INCREDIBLE. There was a slight chill in the air and it was nice and sunny. We started out a little after 7:30. We decided we'd go all the way around White Rock. When we started out running, it took us a little while to get in the groove, but about a 1/2 mile in I was feeling fabulous. My breathing was easy, my legs felt strong, and the wind was just right. All in all, I ran 7.5 miles. I did it in about 1 hour and 23 minutes, which equals out to about 11 minutes per mile (which is AWESOME-to me, at least). We walked the rest of the way to have a good cool down. Though our next run, we're going to need to wear a belt so that we can replenish ourselves. I know we were both feeling pretty hungry about halfway through the run.

I guess I'm just really excited again. After having my little "problem" for 2 weeks, I was feeling a little overwhelmed about whether or not I thought I could pull off running 13.1 miles in December. My feelings have certainly changed after my run on Saturday. Considering that the weather is only going to get cooler from here, I know that I'll be able to handle the longer runs. When it's hotter, the heat just zaps my energy and my will power. I'm also going to sign up to run the 8 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving! I've been wanting to run that race for at least a few years now. And before I was only going to run the 5k...but now I'm fully confident that I'll be able to run the 8 mile with no problems (considering the weather will hold up).

Now to get back on the healthy eating, drinking, working out wagon. I'm hoping to have some time to hit the gym tonight with Steve. We've been slacking when it comes to lifting weights...and I've been REALLY slacking when it comes to cross training and doing some ab work. I may have to start getting up early every single morning to get all the working out in that I need to, but I'm feeling empowered and motivated. Plus, I wanted to lose 13 lbs (more like 15 or more now) before my race in Dec. I've got 2 months and 2 weeks, so I think it's do-able.

So there you have it! That's what's been going on here. Get ready for posting of some pictures of the H-O-U-S-E that we're in the process of buying!!! I've been reluctant to post them because I was (and still am) afraid that things would fall through and that we wouldn't get the house-but so far, so good! If everything goes as planned, we should be closing on the house on Thursday, Oct. 15th!!

1 comment:

Christina T said...

You are truly an inspiration! Keep on trucking girl. You are doing amazing with your running.

And I'm so eagerly waiting the house pictures. :-) I can't believe you guys are closing in TWO WEEKS! Good luck. :-)