Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Races!

So in a total attack of lunacy earlier this week, I signed up for 2 more races! I decided somehow I'd be able to complete the Dallas Running Club's Half Marathon on November 1st. EEEK! That's like 31 days from now!! Yikes!

The other run I signed up for was the 2009 Dallas Turkey Trot 8 mile run. I decided to do the unchipped run because I figured I'd just use my phone or some other device to calculate my total time. Plus, saving the $5 extra it costs for the chip, doesn't hurt either.


So now I've got these races:
1. DRC half marathon - November 1st.
2. Turkey Trot 8 mile- November 26th.
3. White Rock Marathon-half marathon- December 13th.

I'm contemplating doing the Race for the Cure 5k with a few girls from a message board I frequent in a few weeks. But it's the weekend of closing on our house, so I'm not sure if I want to commit myself to that. It's for a good cause though, so I'm definitely considering it. I keep looking at Luke's Locker and Run On! for more races and I want to sign up for everything! But it costs a lot of money to run these races, so I probably shouldn't. :)

So as for training-I'm a slacker. I should be doing cross training but I haven't been doing that at all. Tonight though, I'm going to run on the treadmill in our gym because it looks like it may be raining by the time the evening rolls around. I plan to go about 5-6 miles. Maybe do a little speed work. The other people in the gym are going to think I'm crazy...but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. I'd like to go to the gym again on Friday after work-but I know how I feel on a Friday after work, and I just don't see it happening.

Saturday I'm determined to run the whole way around White Rock Lake. That's a staggering 9 miles. Seriously. 9. Miles. 2 months ago I was running 3-4 miles and those were my "long" runs. I'm pretty proud of myself for being consistant and continuing to go farther than the weekend before.

That's it for now. I wish I could be this motivated in every area of my life!

2 comments:

Christina T said...

I'm pretty proud of you too! 9 miles is a looooong way! I know you can do it. :-) Congrats on signing up for two more races.

Courtney said...

Holy crap @ 9 miles - that's awesome! I know you can do it.