Friday, October 10, 2008

A Change Would Do Me Good

Ok, so after watching my weight hike back up to pre-Steven magnitude, I'm taking initiative.

I am on a mission to lose 15-20 pounds in the next year or year and a half. I know the first 10 pounds or so will come off fairly quickly in about 2-3 months, but the rest will be harder to lose.

Before I moved in with Steven I had lost 10 pounds. I was at the gym pretty much every day for at least an hour to an hour and a half at a time. I was eatting fairly healthy foods, going to bed at a decent hour and not going back for seconds at dinner time. Since moving in with Steve, I've found it so much harder to get up and go work out. It's even harder when I get home from work because I don't want to leave him and Anna.

This week we have worked out every day. Monday we ran 2 miles, Tuesday we went to the gym (I did 30 minutes of cardio, and then some weight machines), Wednesday we got up early and ran another 2 miles, and then Thursday we went to the gym again (I did the same 30 minutes of cardio, and did different weight machines to target what I didn't reach on Tuesday). Today we're going to go for a run. I'm looking forward to it.

I weighed myself right before we left the gym last night and was completely disappointed in myself. I can't believe that in a little over 6 months I had let myself pack on that much weight.

So I'm going to do as my friend Christina is doing, and post about my progress.

Right now...I'm (sadly) at 154 pounds. I think it's been 3 years since I weighed that much.
My goal is 134.

What I plan to accomplish in losing those 20 pounds is:

1. Get back to lifting 20 pounds each arm in bicep curls.
2. Lift 50 pounds in shoulders.
3. By December be down to 145.
4. Run a 10k in March or April.
5. Run the 5k in the Turkey Trot this year.
6. By this time in October 2009 be at 134-135.
6. Next year be able to run a 1/2 marathon <---Ultimate goal.

Wish me luck. I feel really confident in these goals that I've set up for myself. Some of them may happen later rather than sooner, but I've put them out there for me to see every time I blog...so maybe I won't let things go like I've done in the past!

No comments: