Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Meh...

I'm moody today. I think I need to work out. I think being active makes me a happier person and I haven't been active since Saturday, so I am going to the gym tonight. I also feel like a beached whale, so I'm sure that doesn't help. I refuse to go to family functions in November and December looking like a bloated version of myself.

I'm really frustrated that my photographers haven't posted any pictures on their blog from our wedding. It's been a month. The least they could do would just give me a taste of what to expect when they're finally done editing and looking at all of the pictures that were taken that day...I'm just starting to get impatient. I'm also sick of people asking me when they'll have them ready. It's like, "I don't know. But I'll let you know when I get them. Back off"

Steven told me yesterday he wants to move to Hill Country. I'm all for it, except we can't just say, "I want to move", we need to have some things planned out. It would be lovely if I could already have a job down there before we move, but I'm not exactly sure how to make that happen. But I also think Steve should do the same. Being a music teacher, I would think it would be easy to go to job fairs to get my name out there, meet some fine art directors and try to get my foot in the door. As far as graphic design, I don't know how that works to get your foot in the door and network. We'd also need to figure out the best possible place to stay. Austin is known for it's terrible traffic, but I don't think Steve's opposed to public transportation...and I'm not opposed to driving in the opposite direction of the traffic. I don't know.

I think it's just going to take us sitting down and weighing out all the pros and cons to moving, what steps we need to take in order for it to be a smooth transition, whether or not it would be a good idea, and whether or not we'd be happy there. I've never been more than an hour and a half away from my parents so to be over 3 hours away is kind of scary to me...but it also means that I'm growing up and independent. I don't know. I think it would cost more money than we think and we're already broke as it is...We'd need movers, but Steve doesn't want to use movers. I refuse to break my back or my husband's back moving furniture any more. I'm sorry, but I've done that for too many years. I did it when we moved into my apartment in Commerce (both apartments), moving to Garland, and then moving to our current apartment. I think it's worth it to hire people to help us. Especially when you've got a washer and a dryer that need to be brought down 2 flights of narrow stairs, a heavy recliner, and our TV stand. I'm sorry, I just refuse. And I refuse to ask my parents to help us move. It's just wrong.

I guess that's it for today...

No comments: