Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Book Update

Ok, so I finished Water for Elephants Friday night. It was such a good book. I really enjoyed reading about the old days of the circus and what it's probably like in old person's mind. It makes me wonder if most of them feel like they're being treated unfairly. I absolutely loved the ending. Mostly because I was hoping that Jacob and Marlena would end up together. I hated August with a passion and at the end was completely surprised by how he met his death. :) All in all, I loved it. It had me laughing and near tears at some points. It was a great read.

The other book I just finished was "Twilight". There are no words that can sum up how I feel about that book. It was awesome. I know it may be geared towards teenagers, but I still enjoyed it. Much like I enjoyed all the Harry Potter books, which were also geared towards teenagers, but adults read, too. I really want to see the movie now, although looking at the trailor, I can tell there are going to be some things that probably weren't in the book that will happen in the movie. I always leave movies made from books disappointed. They always leave something out that I was really looking forward to seeing. But what are you going to do? I'm not the director or the screenwriter, so... Seriously though, Robert Pattinson makes me swoon. I loved him as Cedric Diggory, I know I'll love him as Edward Cullen.

The next book I'm reading is an old one I never got to, "Snow Falling on Cedars". I started it on Saturday, before I got Twilight. My co-worker is bringing me the next book in the Twilight series tomorrow, so I'll probably stop in the middle of it to feast my eyes on more Edward and Bella :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm SO glad you loved Water For Elephants! Isn't it great? I need to re-read it, it's been a year. But I love that book. It's so fascinating.

And I think you know how I feel about twilight. ;o)