Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Hard Part

The hard part of working out and staying consistent for me is Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. This morning I had every intention of getting up at 5:00 to work out but my body just wasn't ready-much like it normally never is at 5:00 in the morning. But I'm just so tired. In fact, I'm so tired today that I've finally decided today's the day for coffee. 2 1/2 weeks and I'm finally having a cup of Joe.
So since I didn't get my lazy a$$ out of bed this morning, I'm going to go tonight. I'm doing a fartlek session today again. Here's the goal:

10 minutes-5.6
1 minute-6.4
1 minute-5.6
(alternating 10 x's)
10 minutes-5.5

Monday was pretty decent but I'm hoping to do better this time on my speed work. It's really hard and I may have to stop for a minute but I'm determined to finish.

Also, with the give and take of working out and making sure a good meal is prepared my husband has thankfully agreed to cooking our dinner tonight (chicken cordon bleu-minus the ham because I totally forgot to buy any at the grocery store so it's just chicken and bacon with swiss cheese) while I go to the gym and get my sweat on. I love that he's being so encouraging of my goals and wants to see me succeed. He tells me every day that he's really noticing the changes in my body and that's so good to hear.

Ever since my weigh in on Monday I've been feeling a little frustrated about the scale and while I know it's muscle that I'm building I don't like to the number I see. I know it's all a head game and I've just got to get around it. I don't want to get too discouraged because then I'll let myself slip up and I don't want to do that.

I've got to keep my eye on the prize...which is to permanently change my lifestyle. I can't keep being lazy and eating whatever I want and drinking too much wine. That's counterproductive and making me unhappy with myself. I'm also considering joining a yoga studio. After doing these yoga sessions at work every Wednesday, I feel inspired and I really want to do more. I enjoy it so much and while I know yoga classes are offered at the 24 HR Fitness I go to, I would really like to go to a place with people who are trained in yoga and know what they're doing.

There's a yoga studio about 3 miles from where I live and just down the road from my gym that I'm considering trying out. They have a special for new comers 10 days for $10. I need to crunch some numbers, see where I can cut back on some spending and obviously talk to my husband but I feel really inspired to start up. I've already got a schedule written out for when I would go do yoga and when I would go to the gym.

So anyway, my point of this whole post is that right now I'm struggling. I know I feel better and have gained muscle and lost some weight, but sometimes it gets agonizing how I don't see the results as fast as I want to. And late in the week is when I get tired and don't want to wake up in the morning or come straight home from work and put on comfy clothes and veg in front of the TV.

Not tonight though! Tonight is the gym. And tomorrow morning is tae bo and 30 Day Shred. I can do this and I can find the energy!

When do you struggle? What helps you stay on track or what helps you get back on track?

No comments: