Friday, February 5, 2010

Winner, winner!!

My goal to go to the gym last night and do fartleks was attained! Here's what I did:

3 minute walk (3.5)
10 minute run (5.5)
1 minute (6.5) x's 10
1 minute (5.6) x's 10
11 minute (5.6)- I even finished the last 90 seconds of the run at a 6.0
7 minute walk to cool down

I burned over 500 calories and ran over 4 miles. I'm really proud of myself. I paused the treadmill every 10 minutes or so to take a big drink of water and just calm myself down for about 20 seconds and then started back up again. I felt amazing.

Doing that run and doing it with energy to spare really encouraged me. I have felt pretty down about my running ever since I sprained my ankle and now I'm starting to feel like it's coming back to me.

I'm going to take it easy today but if I manage to squeeze in a workout tonight, I'll be really proud of myself.

Tomorrow morning I'm waking up early and going for another run. Hopefully I'll manage to go 5 miles or so. I feel really confident that I can do it.

I haven't said anything but I've been tracking my food intake and my calories burned this whole week to see where I stand and what I've been doing. It's been a really good tool for keeping me accountable. I'll probably push "Publish Post" on it on Monday, so it will be far down on the list, but I may start doing this more often so that I can look back on what I did for the week and why I did or did not see a difference in weight or my level of energy. I've noticed I may not be consuming enough calories throughout the day, especially when I do hard workouts...but I honestly don't feel like I've been depriving myself. I have a snack when I feel hungry and I listen to my body when I'm full.

My parents are in town this weekend so it will be nice to see them and spend some time together before they head back to Wyoming. And of course it's Super Bowl Sunday!! I still haven't decided who I'm rooting for. I mean, football was over for me 3 weeks ago when the Cowboys got slaughtered by the Vikings...and then I was *kind of* rooting for the Vikings to whoop the Saints since I figured this was probably Brett Favre's last hoorah (I mean, the dude got run over by the Saints defense that last game...I bet he's still recovering). So I'm just not sure who I want to win. Usually I go for the underdog. In this instance, I don't think there is one. Both the Colts and the Saints are amazing teams and have done awesome jobs this year in every game they've played. I'm leaning towards the Saints...but either way, it's not my Cowboy's playing so I'll only be half interested in the game.

Who are you rooting for on Sunday? Do you even care? :) What is a milestone or accomplishment that happened for you this week that you're really proud of?

Happy Friday and have an amazing weekend!

No comments: