Monday, February 1, 2010

Feeling Good

I can't remember the last time I felt so good. It's pretty much every day that I feel relatively full of energy and ready to be active. I haven't had coffee in 2 weeks and I honestly don't miss it. Though I will be honest, I do love the smell of it.

This weekend was really good. Friday after work, Steve and I went to Goody Goody's in Uptown and went looking for some good wine. I've been on the hunt for this amazing Malbec that I had a year ago and had been out of luck trying to find it. But Friday was my lucky day!! I FINALLY found it! It was on the "expensive" side (meaning it was $20...when we usually only buy wine $13 and under). But I was so excited! After finding the wine, we went to Steve's old bosses design open house. When we got home from that we decided we really didn't want to cook anything so we ordered some Chinese food and then opened up the best wine ever :) It was great finally being able to show Steve what I've been raving about for a year now. He loved it. We've been slowly drinking it and enjoying it. I'll probably finish it off tonight sadly. But I think I'm *this close* to having Steve agree to buying a whole case of it soon!

Oh, in case you were wondering the wine is Lorca and we enjoy the Malbec. I'm assuming any of Lorca's brand of wine is good-but we've been stuck on Malbecs for about a year now. I used to be a BIG white wine person but now I much prefer the red over white. I also used to like the sweet wines, but now those almost turn my stomach and I prefer the dryer wines. Malbec is a South America wine (mostly Argentina). I highly recommend it! There's a brand of Malbec that usually sells for about $12-$13 (you can even get this at World Market) that has a purple and silver top. I can't think of the name. But if you see it, try it! You won't be disappointed.

Saturday was super cold! But Steve had a whole day planned out for us. First we went to Arbor Hill nature perserve in Plano for a walk. We took some hot chocolate in a thermos to drink once we got back to the car. I was cold at first, but I really think I could have walked for another few miles before being ready to go. Steve was ready to get back probably half a mile into our walk :) I was also disappointed we didn't decide to go for a run while we were there. There were all these people running and it made me feel the itch to get out there, too. After our little trip to the nature perserve, we came back home and got a few snacks together and then headed out for the DART. Steve took me downtown, where we were hoping to catch a trolley but never did see one, so we just walked. We went to an antique store and then to Potbelly's for lunch. I thought this was really thoughtful of Steve because I LOVE antiques. Though, this store was not my cup of tea. If I had to describe it, I'd say it was very "masculine". I'm not into masculine antiques. Honestly, I didn't see one thing in this store that I thought was cool. I feel bad because I know Steve put a lot of thought into our "date", but this wasn't the type of antique store I like. I like antique stores that have old perfume bottles, old women's hats from the 40s, old china, and things like that. I guess I'll have to take Steve to some antique shops up in Denison to show him what I mean.

Sunday was pretty relaxing. I've started making waffles from scratch every Sunday morning-maybe it's a new tradition? Steve and I went for a run after we did grocery shopping-which I will be discussing in a separate post. We ran 3 miles. After that I made homemade chicken noodle soup and then did some more housework (lots of cleaning). After I finished cleaning, I did 30 minutes of Tae Bo and another session of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I swear I was dieing at the end. But it was a great workout! For dinner we had steaks, baked potatoes, and salad. It was a good night.

I don't know if my change in diet has affected my change in attitude and energy...but I seriously feel great and I can tell my body is changing. Even my cravings are changing...which will be the topic of my next post...

No comments: