Wednesday, January 14, 2009

General Update

So, I realized I haven't updated in a while...

So far so good in the H-home. We actually moved into a two bedroom apartment around Christmas. And when I say "around Christmas" I mean, we started moving stuff on December 23rd. We got a really good deal on a flat in the same complex we were living and decided to break our lease early and move into it. It's got about 400 (at least) more sq. feet than our townhome did and my kitchen is about 3 times the size it used to be. We love it. The only problem is that we're on the 3rd floor and we can hear the people above us. They are NOT light footed, let me tell you. And they love to blast their music at 6:45 in the morning-which is kind of Ok considering we're already up (but it's still annoying). I'm enjoying this time in our life because it's nice not to have to worry about the upkeep of a house...but I still can't wait to have a house and not have to worry about hearing our neighbors stomping around.

Steve's enjoying his job, which is good. He's been working there since the week after Christmas. We have almost the same schedule, except he gets to be at work at 9and leave at 6:00 and I have to be at work at 8:00 but I leave at 5:30. Steve's really been a sweetie lately...He's such a great husband. He never ceases to amaze me. He's been amazing at moving the stuff into our new apartment and putting up pictures and curtains.

We got a new couch and we just bought a new flat screen TV to go in our living room. Our old one pretty much bit the dust on Sunday. I can't say I was sad to see it go. The only thing I was sad to see go was money that we'll be saying goodbye to each month as we pay the new TV off. But it won't take us long and hopefully, we won't have to buy a new TV for at least 5-6 years or longer.

I'm back on the weight loss/work out wagon! I've actually been doing really well and kept with the program since the weekend after NY's. I don't know how much weight I've lost, but I'm pretty sure it's a fair amount and I know I've lost inches because my clothes are finally either A)starting to fit like they should or B)starting to get slightly big. I work out in the evenings at our apartment's fitness room. It's not the greatest-but it will do for now. I've been going pretty much every day to at least do 30 minutes of cardio or up to 45 minutes of cardio plus weights. I've been trying to talk myself into going in the mornings-but the bed is just so warm and I like it...But my evenings pretty much suck because I come home from work, work out, cook, eat, and then I need to shower, and go to bed. If I worked out in the morning I'd have more time to enjoy myself in the evenings. Maybe when it gets a little warmer...

Anna is doing really well. I think she likes the extra space but we've been doing a lousy job of taking her on walks and runs during the week. We're fixing that tonight by going on a run when we get home. A nice long one-hopefully 5k. She'll love every second of it. She's such a cutie...

I guess that's the update. Just waiting until March and April when the job fairs start up for the school districts. We'll see what happens. I can't wait to teach.

4 comments:

Carie said...

I am glad to hear all is going so well! That is wonderful.

TexasRed said...

Sounds like a bunch of good things happening with you guys. Good to hear.

Elementary Counselor said...

Awh yay. You sound like everything is just running smoothly. congrats on you weight loss so far!! :)

TexasRed said...

Love reading your posts & just nominated you for a blog award on my page.