Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wow.


5 days until Obama takes office. I can't say I'm not excited. I almost wish the stock market would close for this. I feel like it's such a historical moment, I don't want to miss it. Like I've said before, I don't expect him to be a miracle worker and I don't expect the road for him to be easy-but I truly believe he's going to give it everything he's got. I trust him and I believe in what he stands for. People may disagree or think he's not qualified enough-but really? Who exactly IS qualified enough to be President? I assume it's like any other new job you go into. And it's not like he makes every decision on his own anyway-he's got advisors for every little issue who give him advice.

I sincerely wish Barack Obama luck and I'm so excited to be able to witness such a historical moment that I can tell my children about. I'm eager to see what he can accomplish and I hope that people who don't support him will give him a chance to prove himself-after all, didn't we give Bush a second term so he could prove himself as well?

(By the way, I stole the picture from Pinkisthenewblog.com. It was too good to pass up) :)

1 comment:

TexasRed said...

Mariah, I feel the same way. My husband's not a fan, but even he is hoping Soon-to-be President Obama can live up to everyone's hopes.