Monday, July 27, 2009

Another Log-Day 2

So I was supposed to get up this morning at 5:30 to go to the gym. Around 4:00 I heard a really yippee dog outside barking and every time I'd be *this close* to falling back asleep, he'd start up again. So when Steve's alarm went off at 5:30 I was NOT in the mood to get out of bed. He got up anyway and I finally felt guilty and dragged myself out of bed at 5:50. I threw on my workout clothes and my contacts and was on the eliptical machine by 5:59. I'm actually really proud of myself for just getting up and not being lazy this morning (when all I really wanted was to stay in bed under the covers). I did the eliptical for 30 minutes. I went about 3.5 miles and I'm not sure how many calories I burned.

For breakfast I had a piece of whole wheat, high fiber bread toasted with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a yogurt with strawberries, blueberries and flaxseed granola.

Surprisingly (for a Monday), I'm in an awesome mood. Could it quite possibly be that I wasn't a lazy bum this morning and got the blood flowing?? Probably. We'll see what kind of mood I'm in by 5:30 when I'm battling rush hour traffic on Gaston and Garland Road...if I'm cool, calm, and collected I'll know that my mood is directly related to how active I am (or also how many crazy, stupid drivers are out on the roads). :)

Lunch is a smart ones. Some shrimp thing I threw in my lunch bag. It looks yummy...I also have watermelon and grapes and I'll probably have a yogurt to go with it at some point.

This evening if it's not too rainy and muddy, I'd like to take Anna on a 2 mile walk. I also need to do my pushups. I've been putting those off for about a week and a half and then some ab work. Luckily, Steve has agreed to train with me and run this 1/2 marathon with me. I don't think I'd be able to do it if I didn't have a partner to run with or someone to keep me motivated.

For dinner it's baked chicken, rice (or potatoes...I'm in the mood for starchy stuff), and probably broccoli with cheese (those Steamer bags are AWESOME). More watermelon and sugar free jello for dessert/snacks.

So that's it for today. Yay for a solid day 2. I know once I get passed the first week, it will be such a routine that it will be hard to talk myself out of it. The first week is always the hardest.

2 comments:

Elementary Counselor said...

Good to see you back. :)

Christina T said...

Way to go Mariah! :-) That's an awesome day so far. Where do you work out at?