Friday, July 31, 2009

Diet/Training Recharged!

Ok, so after my HORRIBLE diet day yesterday..God, I don't even want to know how many calories I enhaled...I went home and promptly took Anna on another run. I was going to just walk and then Steve was going to ride his bike and meet us somewhere on the trails since he gets home a little bit after me, but I decided walking just wouldn't do. I ran about 3 miles or so until Steve and I met up, and decided to walk the rest of the way, which was another mile (so 4 miles total). It was funny because Steve decided to run, too. So while I was running back I kept thinking to myself, "man, he should have caught up to us by now on his bike!" and then sure enough, I see him running up a hill to meet us.

I still made brats and mac and cheese for dinner. And had some, too. I figured "why starve myself at dinner? It will just come back to bite me in the butt tomorrow". Which has served me well. This morning both Steve and I woke up exhausted. Why? I don't know. Maybe with this working out we should start getting to bed a little sooner and also staying consistant with our vitamins.

Todays food is the following:
For breakfast I had my usual yogurt with strawberries and blueberries. Unfortunately, I'm out of flaxseed granola...
I'll have a cup of coffee here in a minute and right now I'm sipping on some grapefruit juice.
Lunch is a Lean Cuisine. I think it's chicken enchilada suiza. I've got watermelon and grapes to go with it. And for an afternoon snack I'll probably have a yoplait light yogurt.
Dinner is tacos, guacamole, and beer! :) Don't judge! I promise, I'll only be having one beer.

We're also going to take Anna on a walk. Probably another 2 miler.

As far as this weekend is concerned, I'm not sure what our plans are. I know that we need a rest day for real. I'm not sure if we'll either do it Saturday or Sunday. Sunday is my oldest niece, Rachel's first communion and my youngest nice, Clara's baptism. So that's a pretty big deal. We'll go out to Denton to witness that. But I do know that at one of the days is our long run. I'm pretty positive we'll do 4 miles. Looking forward to the weekend! It's almost here!

1 comment:

Elementary Counselor said...

Good job, Mariah!! :) I was a bad girl yesterday too.