Monday, July 27, 2009

This Time I'm Serious!

Alright...so I was doing really well around April or so and running about 4-6 miles every other day and then I got lazy. So I've put my healthy cap back on and I'm going for it! In December, White Rock holds it's Marathon. I'm determined to be participating in the half marathon in 4 short months.

I'm going to be logging in and trying to update whenever I can to keep myself accountable.

So Sunday was my official start to training. On my first day back in the game, I ran 4.2 miles in a little over 43 minutes. This was done on the treadmill. Zero incline. Started walking at 3.5 for 2 minutes, then began running at a 5.7 (10 minute 30 second) pace. I did that for about 10 minutes. I was listening to old school Madonna, so with each new song, I'd go up a point. So I went from 5.7-6.0 and then back down to 5.7. My last minute of running I sped up to 6.5. I also did a 5 minute cool down.

I probably ran too far my first day back in the saddle...but I also wanted to test myself to make sure I hadn't lost too much of what I had built up.

I'm also trying to eat more healthy foods. Yesterday we cut up a watermelon and had that for snacks and dessert last night. I baked some talipia and had rice, green beans, and a small salad with a tiny amount of Italian dressing.

No comments: