Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Far...

I thought I'd check in and see where I stand as far as my eating and working out were concerned and see how it measured up to the goals I had initially put down Monday...

Monday after work I didn't go to the gym. In fact, I haven't been to the gym in over a week. I plan to remedy that tomorrow morning. I WILL GET UP AT 5:00 AND GO RUN. I WILL. (I'm trying to get myself motivated) We did have the chicken for dinner with asparagus and salad and it was really good. Probably a keeper.

Tuesday: My legs and abs were so sore from 30 Day Shred and the Tae Bo from Sunday that I took the day off. But I didn't over eat! Yay me :) I did make the chicken parmesan. No salad though...I had a Skinny Cow fudge bar for dessert (100 calories)

Wednesday: I did yoga after work for an hour and then preceded to come home and do another day of 30 Day Shred :) We had turkey soft tacos for dinner. And I had a Jello Mousse and small bowl of Kashi cereal for dessert.

Thursday: Today since I'm making the chicken enchilada casserole for dinner, I think I'm just going to do the tae bo advanced workout while the dinner is cooking and if I'm feeling up for it, the 30 Day Shred again after I eat. Currently, I'm craving something with peanut butter and chocolate. I'm going to see if I can talk my husband into taking us to a yogurt shop by our house around 8:00 so that I can satisfy my sweet tooth to some extent.

Tomorrow: I. WILL. WAKE. UP. EARLY. I want to go to the gym and hop on a treadmill for 35 minutes. Afterwards I plan on doing either some leg work or some arm or chest strength training. I know if I don't get up tomorrow morning and work out, that I won't work out at all and I don't need to be lazy. Steve's former boss and mentor opened a shop and he's having a grand opening party tomorrow night, so we're going to that.

I have really been proud of myself though when it comes to my diet. I've been steering clear of loads of sugar and I'm still not drinking coffee. I don't even crave it. I feel a lot more clear headed and energized without it. I feel like I'm losing weight but I honestly don't know and I won't know until Monday. But even if I don't lose a pound, I know I should be proud of myself for being so determined and for striving to make some changes in my life that make me feel better.

The only thing I need to conquer now is finding a better job :) And I really need to let go of all the fear that comes with that. It's time for me to move on and I just don't know where or what I should move on to. Whatever it is, I'm hoping it will be bigger and better things :)

1 comment:

Elementary Counselor said...

I'm praying for you. I know that looking for a new job can be stressful/challenging. Anybody would be lucky to have you.