Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Movie Quote Game

Pick 10 of your favorite moviesgo to IMDB to get a quote from each moviepost the quotes and wait for your friends to respond

Guess the movies!!!

(Warning: I like a lot of comedies)

1) (Brenda)Who are you?

(Madea) Who are you?

(Brenda) I'm the owner of this house.

(Madea)[buzzer sound] wrong answer, my grand daughter Helen is the owner of THIS house. You da hoe, you aint got no power or no deed.

(Brenda)Did you do this? this is Vera Wang.

(Madea)Who dat is? She do nails? I need to get my nails did.

(Brenda) That's it I'm calling the police.

(Madea)I aint scared a no po po. Call da po po hoe... Call da po po hoe.

2) The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.

3) Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

4) [writing in her yearbook] Dear Jamie, When we're together, I feel like we're not in high school, but in our own little Chris and Jamie world. Whether we're watching 'Party of Five' or practicing our cheers, I feel like I can just be myself. Jamie, we've been friends for a really long time, but I want to be more than that. Hoping to be your boyfriend... Sincerely, Chris Brander. BFF!

5) Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you: as Albert Mondego, the man!

6) (Judge)Bryan, does she watch your kids?

(Bryan)Oh, she's actually really good, she's a big diciplinarian though, but uh... they have a lot of respect for her.

(Judge)Really? [Looks over at Nikki] Stand up Nikki. [Nikki stands up] Mable Simmons, since you can't seem to act like you have any sense except when you're caring for somebody, meet Nikki Grady. You're her new foster mother.

(Madea)The hell I am! I dont - huh! - hell naw! It's a reason why god put a woman through menopause, I'm past 60... you know what that means? After that time you're not supposed to be bogged with no kids. I'm sorry, I will kill that lil girl... I don't know her...

(Nikki) So, You ugly anyway, old lady!

(Madea)She tryna get me the electric chair already.

(Judge)Either you're her foster mother or you're a prison mother.

(Madea) I'll take the prison for 200, Alex. Lock me up, hell, I'd rather be in Martha Stewart's old cell fightin' for my *virginity* than to be sittin' there dealin' with this.

(Bryan) She'll be a great foster mother, your honor.

7) Dear Mr. Inman, I began by counting the days, then the months. I don't count on anything anymore except the hope that you will return, and the silent fear that in the years since we saw each other, this war, this awful war, will have changed us both beyond all reckoning.

8) The Boy-Who-Lived. How lies have fed your legend, Harry! Do you want to know what really happened thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love. You see, when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son, it provided him with the ultimate protection, I could not touch him. It was old magic, something I should have foreseen. But no matter, no matter, things have changed. I CAN TOUCH YOU... NOW!

9) I don't eat shellfish. Mom always says, "Don't ever eat nothin' that can carry its house around with it. Who knows the last time it's been cleaned." She should know.

10) Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breath in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breath in and out... and, then after a while, I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while.

4 comments:

Carie said...

Ok I know a few I think. LOL

3. Elf
4. Just Friends
8. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Anonymous said...

1. Diary of a Mad Black Woman - OH I love this movie!!
2. ??
3. Elf
4. No clue, but I want to know!
5.
6. Madea's Family Reunion
7. ?
8. HP and the GOF
9. Drop Dead Gorgeous - I'm pretty sure... Right?
10. K I know I've seen this, but can't think of it!

I think yours were the hardest for me so far!

OperaWife said...

1. Something with Tyler Perry in it
2. You've Got Mail
3. um, Elf? LOL
4. Just Friends (I was just forced to watch that stupid movie!! lol)
5. No idea
6. Something else with Tyler Perry
7. No idea
8. HP and the GOF
9. no idea
10. no idea

Mariah said...

LOL Mandy, Just Friends is SUCH a stupid movie. The part where he's playing hockey with the little kids and get his ass handed to him, had Steven and I laughing for 10 minutes.

5-The Count of Monte Cristo
7- Cold Mountain
10- Sleepless in Seattle