Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Life Update...

So a lot has happened in the past few weeks for Steve and I.

Steve had an interview at a design company before Thanksgiving and was supposed to hear back from them the next week. Turns out that the next week would actually be about 3 weeks later. He finally heard back Friday and he got the job! It was such glorious news because he'd been out of a job for 3 months. He starts after Christmas and I know he's really excited about it. I think the main thing is, it's just wonderful for him to have this opportunity with the economy the way it is. He also got 2 freelance gigs that he's working on right now. I'm just so proud of him. He's so talented, I knew he would be able find something (I just didn't expect it to take 3 months).

On top of that good news, I was also given a bonus this year at work. I couldn't believe that even though they laid off a few employees, that we'd still be getting any kind of bonus. I'm pretty sure that money will automatically go towards our Christmas gift purchases.

Another really cool thing is that I ran 5 miles in the White Rock Marathon Relay. I am so proud of myself to run that far. I am not a runner, so to me, it's a major accomplishment. I have a goal to run a half marathon by next year. I really think I can do it.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I just wanted to update.

4 comments:

OperaWife said...

Congrats on ALL of those things!! Nice to have such good things happening right around the holidays. :)

Christina T said...

I'm so happy for you and Steven. Congrats to him on landing a job! That's fabulous news. =) And the bonus. Wow - that's a double whammy! Happy Holidays.

Carie said...

That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys!

Elementary Counselor said...

Im so proud of you for the WRL. That is a HUGE accomplishment!