Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Reflections on 2008

So this year was kind of a cool one. It had it's ups and downs, but for the most part-it was great.

It started off pretty bad because of my ex-best friend. I think about her a lot and wonder how I had looked past her rudeness for so long. I'm so glad I got that toxic relationship (among a few others) out of my life.

The good thing that came from it, was that Steve and I moved in together. While we moved into a tiny TINY townhome, it was fun finally being a real couple and seeing each other every day. Yeah, sometimes it's a struggle. And sometimes I miss having the bed all to myself. But I love him and I'm so lucky to have him :)

Steve and I got married in September, so that was awesome! I can't believe it's been over 3 months since we got married...the time really does fly when you're having fun. Our honeymoon was awesome and I can't wait to go back to California.

My Grandpa Horton passed away in November. That was sad. It made me realize I've lost 4 grandparents in the span of 6 years, which was hard to swallow. But I'm glad he's no longer suffering and I know he's with the Lord and with his wife, whom he loved so dearly.

I guess something I'm really proud of, is that America voted to have their first African American President this year! I'm so excited and I can't wait for January 20th. I'm so proud of Barack Obama and what he stands for. I don't expect him to be a miracle worker by any means, but I look forward to seeing what he can do for our country. It's just a really historical moment.

I'm also getting back into reading, which is really nice and relaxing.

As far as my goals for 2009....I really hope to get back on the getting in shape bandwagon. I've really put on too much weight and I would LOVE to fit back into my clothes better. So I'm immediately starting to watch what I eat. I'm also going to stop making excusing for not working out. I know it makes me feel better while I'm doing it and I know I feel amazing afterwards. I want to run a 1/2 marathon by the end of the year. I'm really looking forward to that. I know it's possible if I put my mind to it. I also hope to be teaching soon. My other goal is to get a new car. I think I'm driving mine into the ground. I hope with a new car, I'll learn to be less of an aggressive driver :) (doubtful, but here's hoping!). Other than that, I guess that's it.

Happy New Year, everyone! Be safe, have fun, and see you in 2009!!!

No comments: