Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Finally!

Well, I finally convinced Steve to let us unfreeze my account with 24 Hour Fitness and start up his account again last night. We went to the 24 hour near our house and signed up. Want to know the best part??? Besides that we both got "All-Club" access (except for one club in Murphy and one in Keller..that we'll never go to), Steve got me 3 personal training sessions for Christmas! How cool is that? Each session is an hour long and they'll give me a nutrition plan and set the plan toward my goals. I'm so excited!! I told the manager, "Can you give me someone like Jillian Michaels?" and he just smiled at me and said, "I've got a few people I can think of that would be good" haha I really want to take this seriously and I really want to better myself. Who knows, maybe after this I'll continue PT sessions every so often to keep me on track.

So this morning we woke up bright and early at 5:00 and were at the gym by 5:30. I tried to play it safe and was on the eliptical machine for 30 minutes. It didn't hurt my ankle to go forwards on the eliptical but when it asked me to go backwards, that's when I could feel pressure and it hurt a little. So apparently, I need to do more work in strengthening my ankle. After the cardio, I tried to do some ab work on the roman chair, but felt really winded and a little dizzy, so I decided I was done for the morning and Steve and I left. We were both kind of feeling the same way, so we figured we just need more time to get used to waking up so early in the morning and eat a little more before we go to the gym.

I'm so excited about finally working out again, though. I'm just really proud of us for going and I can't wait to go again. Tonight my friend Becca and I will go together. She needs someone to motivate her to go, so I'm going to be that person! Here's hoping we can keep up a routine and get back in shape!!

1 comment:

Christina T said...

Um, yay! I love 24 Hr! That's where we work out at. ;-)