Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And So It Begins

Yesterday was my offical day to get my butt back in gear. After severly spraining my ankle over 5 weeks ago, it was time to get serious and start getting motivated again.

So I ate a whole lot better than I have been. I had Quaker Weight Loss Oatmeal with about an 1/8 of a cup of craisin's. That was DELICIOUS. I had half a grapefruit. 1/4 of a slice of a cranberry and cinnamon bagel. 1 Cup of coffee. 1 Fiber One bar for a snack. Minestrone soup and a yogurt for lunch. 1 bag of 90 calorie rice cakes with white chocolate drizzled on top.

Before I went to the gym, I had a 100 calorie Clif bar and then headed out. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. I also decided that yesterday was my moment of truth. The scale. That thing has always been my friend or my mortal enemy. Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised. Granted, it could be off a little bit, but still. I only managed to gain about 4 pounds since the sprain and the Holiday's. Not bad, not bad. It could be worse! Then I did about 5 minutes of ab work and then that was me calling it a day. I still had to get home and cook dinner, so I decided yesterday would just be a somewhat easy day.

For dinner, I decided to try a new recipe. I made chicken cordon bleu for the first time ever. Also, since we got to go on our first trip to Sam's together (we got a membership for Christmas from Steve's parents), I decided to use some of the asparagus I bought. So I made rosemary asparagus. The night before I had made a batch of Chicken Rice-a-Roni. I know, I know...not the healthiest rice, but it went really well with the meal I planned :) Seriously, it was a delicious dinner. It was so flavorful and so yummy! I'm pretty positive I'll be making it again in the future. After dinner, was a glass and a half of red wine. It's a pretty sweet wine, so I've dubbed it my "dessert" wine.

Today is kind of a rest day. But tomorrow, I'll be back in the gym. I'm planning on running for the first time since my accident, so wish me luck. I'm a little nervous. Ever since the sprain, my ankle has been really tight and I feel like it curves inward. Like when I hop off of a curb or step, I feel like instead of the bottom of my foot hitting ground first, the side of it hits. I don't know...maybe I just have to get used to the feeling again? Or maybe I need to stretch it and strengthen it more. My worst nightmare is to injure it again.

And today is my first day back in HIGH heels. I did some 3 inch heels on Christmas Eve and was really careful on it (naturally, it was also the day it snowed...). And then yesterday I wore 2 inch heels...today is my ginormous heels. I don't know why I decided to risk it. I feel like I'm walking funny. My ankle isn't used to the height and I feel like I'm limping around a little. The natural thing to do would be to retire the heels, right? And I would retire them...it's just that I love them too much! So here's hoping that today I don't kill myself in these shoes and that tomorrow morning I have a great day back to what I've grown to love doing. 3 miles is the goal.

No comments: