Friday, August 14, 2009

2009 Tour des Fleurs

Today I signed up to run my first 10k. Nevermind the fact that as of right now, I can't run it (that I know of, but I haven't really been pushing myself when on runs)...but in 36 days I will! It's on September 19th and it's at the Arboretum.

Here's a link of the map:
http://www.tourdesfleurs.com/images/TourMap09.pdf

and here's the info on the race:
http://www.tourdesfleurs.com/race_info.php#jump

If any of you dear friends want to come and cheer me on, I'll be running around White Rock Lake early in the morning :) The part I'm running is in lined in grey (in case you were wondering). I'm so stoked! When I was running the relay last year at the White Rock Marathon it was incredible to run past people standing on the sides of the roads cheering you on, encouraging you to dig deep and push yourself. So it would be even MORE amazing if I actually knew some of the people cheering me on. If any of you want to know any more about the race or if you are so kind enough to come see me please let me know and I'll give you a good idea on where to park and give you info(you may want to just park in my apartment complex and use our gate code since parking will be scarce/annoying anywhere else).

This race is actually the day before our Anniversary! One year of marriage..time really flew by. I have really big plans that I'm not letting Steve know about :) So hopefully I can finish the race before it gets too late in the day because I've got a lot of errands to run to make sure it goes off without a hitch!

This 10k is actually my second race ever. My first one was last March when Steve and I ran the Camp John Marc 5k. It will be really cool to see how much I can push myself next month. Also, December 13th is the Dallas White Rock Marathon. I'll be running the 1/2. So yet another chance for me to do something I never thought possible. Like I said, my Senior year of high school I couldn't even run a whole lap around our track! Talk about improvement!

No comments: