Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Weekend Always Messes Things Up

So last week wasn't a really good week for running. But Friday, Steve and I did manage to wake up and go for a 2.5 mile run before we left for Austin for the weekend. We even walked around a lot in Austin, so I don't feel like the weekend was a complete waste.

Yesterday, we went to the gym. While Steve did weights I did 25 minutes on the eliptical machine. I did X-train aerobics. I LOVE that option. I really feel like I get something out of it. After that we took Anna on a mile walk and then I even did about 30 minutes on the Wii Fit. I finally opened up the boxing option, so I did that for about 15 minutes and my arms and back are feeling it today! I really enjoyed it.

I made this super easy dinner last night! Thought I would share it with people.

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole.
Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts (I used 3)
3/4 cup long grain uncooked white rice
1 1/3 cup water
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/ teaspoon Onion Powder (I actually ended up chopping up 1/3 of an onion instead)
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup cheddar cheese

Mix the rice, water, onion, cream of chicken, vegetables, and pepper in a shallow baking dish. Place the chicken on top.
Cover and put in oven for 45 minutes

Once baked, take the foil off and place cheese on top.

Steve LOVED it. It was a super easy recipe and I'm pretty positive it's going to become a staple that I cook on a regular basis. I did leave out the vegetables. Though I don't know why...I don't even remember seeing it on the page of my recipe book. Honestly, I think it was perfect without the vegetables...but I'm sure it probably would have added more nutritional value had I put the veggies in.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That sounds like a super yummy recipe - I'm going to have to give it a try! Don't be too hard on yourself - I think you're doing great on your getting in shape plan, and I'm impressed that you're continuing to blog about it to keep yourself accountable. Keep up the good work!