Monday, August 24, 2009

5 miles!

Another weekend down...another week to go.

Friday night, I drove up to Denton to hang out with a few girlfriends. We had a good time. It was nice to get out and hang out with girls. :) Girl time is much needed.

Saturday, I went home and Steve had deep cleaned the whole apartment. I was really impressed. We hung out for a little while and then decided to go to the gym. I did 30 minutes on the eliptical machine. I think I went about 3.5 miles. It was a good workout. I was going to do some weights, but was pretty tired after doing that cardio and decided I was done. Saturday night Steve and I got Lover's Pizza and a tirimisu from Maggiano's. We drank some wine and by 9:45 were in bed dead tired. :) Yeah, we're getting old.

Sunday I woke up around 7:00 feeling great and decided it was time to go 5 miles. So Steve set up our Nike iPod adapter and off I went. I ran 5 miles in 53 minutes. I stopped for a quick sip of water only 2 times and I never walked. It was fabulous. I felt so good and I was so proud of myself. What's even better was that I finished my run at a 9.30 clip which was pretty impressive. My average time was a 10 minute 30 second mile, which was perfectly acceptable. Each weekend I'd like to shave about 10 seconds from that time and add 1/2 mile to a whole mile depending on how I feel.

Today is gym day. I'll probably do 30 minutes on the eliptical and then I'll do my best to do some bicep/tricep work.

Tomorrow I'm going to wake up early and do about 3.5 miles. That 10k will be here before I know it!

1 comment:

Elementary Counselor said...

Great job, Mariah!! How impressive. :) Wish I had your motivation.