Thursday, August 20, 2009

Let the Anxiety Set In...

So I just figured out how long I have until each race. After making some tickers for a signature on a message board I frequent, I realized I have 4 weeks and 2 days until my 10k race and 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days until my 1/2 marathon. How crazy is that? That really freaks me out!

Tonight is a 4 mile run. I won't go until probably 7:45 though. Give it a little time to cool off and the sun to go down. It will be hard and since it's so hot, it will probaby be a slow run..but at least I'm doing something.

I've also figured out that each week I need to increase my long runs by at least .5 miles. So Saturday or Sunday (whenever I choose to do my long run this weekend) I'll be running 4.5 miles. I'd like to go ahead and up it to 5 miles, but don't want to push myself too hard and risk injuring myself in the process.

No comments: