Thursday, August 27, 2009

5:30 AM Run

Well another log for me. Steve suggested I start logging every run and the times for it since it will help me put things in perspective when I look back on all that I've done.

Today we got up and ran 4.03 miles. We ran it in 40 minutes and 38 seconds, with an average pace of 10 minutes and 2 seconds.

Of course, the way we go on our early morning runs is primarily pretty flat so I think that helped with my time. We'll see how I do on Saturday when I do my long run and I go a different way on the trails with more hills.

I'm pretty proud of Steve. He's been dealing with a sinus infection for the past week or two, so him being able to keep up and even run the 4 miles with me was impressive. He told me later on when I was making us breakfast that he had said, "I think I need to stop" about half a mile from the end but kept going. That's really impressive! :) I'm kind of glad I didn't hear him when he told me because that probably would have encouraged him to stop.

Yesterday I took Anna on a 2 mile walk. We were going to go to the gym, but that didn't end up happening. We really need to work on that. It's not that hard to go down to the gym for 30 minutes...it's just really hard to motivate yourself to work out in the evening. Especially, when Steve comes home hungry and ready to eat. If I'm going to work out in the evening, I'd rather do it right when I get home, instead of waiting around. There's more chance of talking myself out of working out if I don't.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

You're doing awesome! I'm way impressed. :)

Christina T said...

Way to go! You and Steven are both rocking. I think it's awesome that this is something you guys are doing together. Keep it up!