Thursday, January 7, 2010

Here We Go!

I finally got some pictures and these will be my pictures of reference and hopefully each week I'll be able to notice a little bit of difference in them.

Last night I went to the gym intending on running 3 miles. Oh. My. Gosh. I've been out of the game for too long. First of all, let me begin with my frustrating experience at the gym last night. Naturally, I'm still having issues with my gym card since it takes forever for things to get fixed in the system. So right when I'm walking in and trying to head straight to machine I get stopped by the front desk attendant. I got a little pissed because she stopped me and said I only had a "one club" access. Dude, that was like 2 years ago. Now I've got an "all club" and it should be corrected by now. So that was frustrating. I just wanted to say, "Look, I'm legit. I just want to work out." but I didn't. She let me go after a minute, though. So then I headed back to the treadmills. I hopped on one and started punching in information, only to realize it was out of order. Great. Put a sign up, guys. I hopped on the one next to it...same thing. What the heck??? By this time, I'm extremely irritated. So I walk to the end. Guess what? That one was broken, too!! FINALLY, after the 4th try, I found a treadmill that wasn't out of order. I realize these guys are busy and that machines are going to go out of order, but 24 Hour should really be on top of that since it is the New Year's after all and they've got a million people trying to stick to their resolutions (at least until the end of the month).

So I hopped on the good treadmill and started my 3 mile quest. It started out good. I felt good. My ankle felt pretty good (still a little iffy), but for the most part, I had confidence that I'd make it 3 miles. At about half a mile in, I decreased the speed from a 6.0 to a 5.8 since I was already feeling winded. And after a mile, I had to slow to a walk for about a minute to regain control of my breathing. Then I barely made it another mile before realizing I didn't have 3 miles in me. So I guess I'm starting back at square one. How depressing. I mean, seriously...6 weeks ago I was running (albeit slowly and with breaks) 13 miles!!

I tried not to let it get me down though. Then I met Becca over at the ab machines and did around 300 or so crunches. Then we got some mats out and a medicine ball and passed it between us as we did sit ups. I'm not sure how many we did, but after we were done our arms were burning! Upper body strength has never been my forte. Then I took us over to a tri-cep machine and then some shoulder presses. We did 3 sets of 12 on the tri-cep machine. I'm not sure the weight we used now...but I do know that for the shoulder press we did 3 sets of 10 with 25 lbs. Not bad, not bad.

Today Steve and I are headed back to the gym before the Texas/Alabama Championship game. I plan on doing about 35-40 minutes of cardio and chest and back with some ab work rolled in there somewhere.

Soo...without further ado. Here are my pictures of my start on this journey:
Don't mind the messy rooms behind me..this was post workout last night. So if I look a little scary, that's why :)





As of Monday evening, I weigh in at 153. Not bad considering...but not good. I'm hoping to lose at least 15 pounds. Anything after that is just icing on the cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! SOunds like you had a great workout. I've got to get some activity going. Can you send me some tips? I can never seem to stick with anything. :-/

Congrats on getting back into it! You'll be doing 13 miles+ in no time!