Monday, January 25, 2010

Week of Workouts and food!

I have a problem sticking to a routine. I figure if I put it out there what I want to accomplish, that I'll stick it out more than if I kept it to myself.

This past weekend I managed to go for a run with Steve and Anna and I'm pretty positive I ran over 3 miles. It was a great workout and I was proud of myself for going the distance, even though I couldn't on a treadmill! I tend to like running outside more (I NEVER thought I'd say that!) because I can look around and breathe the fresh air and feel the wind in my face, as opposed to running stagnant with nothing to look forward to.

Sunday, I tried to do it again, but I felt exhausted so we just went for a walk instead and then came home where I put in Billy Blanks Tae Bo work out. I did the "advanced" session, which is an hour long. It wore me out! First you do a warm up and then you do a lot of upper body work out, then you move down to the floor and do about 10 minutes of abs, then you do 10-15 minutes of butt, then 10 minutes of leg, and then a 5 minute cool down. It's a great workout! I probably should have done "basic" but felt like I needed to do a longer workout yesterday. Today I'm a little sore. I'm sure as the day progresses, I'll feel it more.

After work today I plan on going to the gym and getting in a 35 minute run and then maybe some chest, shoulder, and ab work.

Tuesday is another workout, but I plan on getting my lazy a$$ out of bed and going early. I want to do 35 minutes of cardio on the elliptical machine and then some back and arm work out. When I get home from work, I'd like to do the basic workout with Billy Blanks (seriously, I've done this stuff so much I already know pretty much every line he's going to say-so we're pretty tight).

Wednesday I'm doing yoga after work unless plans change. So that's an hour of hardcore sweating. If I can get up a little early, maybe I'll be brave enough to do some Jillian Michael's 30 day shred before work, too.

Thursday is the gym again. Running 40 minutes. Legs.

Friday is just a workout video. Probably Billy Blanks AND Jillian Michaels. I'll probably start out with Jillian because she's my soul mate (<3 her) and then end it with Billy (the Basic workout). That would equal about an hour of workout which is just right to end my week.

Saturday, depending on weather, I'd like to run around the neighborhood again. Maybe go 5 miles instead of 3. I was nervous to go run on Saturday because of my prior bad experiences with the uneven sidewalks and the d*3@ acorns, but running in the daylight was actually quite pleasant. I had no problems, so I'm eager to get back out there.

I'm feeling really good. I haven't had coffee in a week. I've been eating really well. Ok, besides that medium pizza that I inhaled in the span of less than 24 hours, but what can you do? I've been making a ton of salads lately and lots of veggies. Adding to my beloved asparagus, I've been enjoying a lot of zucchini and squash. And to replace my coffee fixation, I've been drinking tea. Green tea with lemon, lemon tea, and chamomile.

Right now I weigh in at 147. I knew that "145" from 2 weeks ago was too good to be true. But I also know that the week off I took because of sinus problems didn't help me. Either way, I've lost 3 pounds from last week and that's even with some bloating caused by our woman friend, PMS. Hey, I'll take what I can get, ok?

I'd like to lose another 3 lbs by next Monday. I think it's highly possible with the workouts I've planned and the meals I've got planned for the week.

And while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and map those out for you guys right now:

Tonight is honey mustard Chicken. Really simple. I put 3 chicken breasts in a slow cooker and topped it with Light honey mustard. I'll be serving it with asparagus and some rice. Maybe even some salad since I've been all about my salad (with fresh lettuce, celery, carrots, boiled egg, and balsamic vinegar dressing).

Tuesday is probably chicken Parmesan and spaghetti. A good carb dinner since I'll probably be needing it at some point.

Wednesday is turkey tacos. Yum is all I can say.

Thursday is Chicken Enchilada Casserole that I'm going to be making in the slow cooker with another helping of salad.

Friday is probably steaks, salad and asparagus. Maybe scalloped potatoes, too.

I've really been enjoying cooking new things. I bought a "busy people's slow cooker recipe book" on Saturday from the Christian Book Store. That's where I'm getting two of my chicken recipes this week. I'll let you know how they turn out. Hopefully, tasty.

Other than that, here's hoping it's a great week! I'm feeling positive and certainly optimistic! I'm debating on signing up for the Rock 'N Roll half marathon in March. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Ever since I got burned on BOTH of my half marathon races, I'm nervous to plunk down the money for the race. I guess it depends on how I feel in a month and whether or not the race is still open to new registers.

No comments: