Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Outlook?

Today I feel amazing. And by amazing I mean, I feel like a completely different person. I feel motivated. I feel full of energy. I feel like I could take on the world.

Last week I felt terrible. I felt run down, sick, and just exhausted. I don't know what happened. From Tuesday through Friday I felt like I had been hit by a truck. It took all the energy in the world to get out of bed and it took everything I had throughout the day not to lay my head down on my desk and fall asleep.

I honestly don't know what happened. It started out Saturday when I couldn't shake a headache. At first I thought it was because maybe I had a little too much fun the night before, but it lasted all day. I even thought maybe I just needed a cup of coffee-but even that didn't do the trick.

The headache came and went all last week. And every morning I woke up to sore throat and nasty mucus. I even went to the doctor on Thursday to find out if I had a sinus infection. I had the beginnings of one, so I'm glad I caught it soon enough.

Friday I felt a little better, but not completely well. The rest of this past weekend was actually really good. Steve and I got a lot of stuff accomplished with the house. We bought plywood and put it up in the attic so that we could finally start storing our extra belongings (like Christmas decorations and extra Pyrex dishes that I have no room for). Steve is also making extra shelving for our linen closet, pantry, and kitchen cabinets. We are also debating on having or trying to get into a garage sale. We have a few things that we don't need and don't necessarily want to "give" away. Honestly, I don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to have a garage sale or trying to team up with someone because we just don't have that much stuff and probably wouldn't make $100. But at the same time, some of the items are brand new and I'd hate to think that I could have made $5 on it...But it's nice to do some spring cleaning. We are so blessed, so it would be nice to be able to help others out less fortunate that we are.

We also watched the depressing Cowboy game on Sunday...don't even get me started. My team didn't even show up to play in the game. I felt like I was watching impostors.

Hopefully this next weekend we'll be able to do some more work in our garage. I'd like to be able to finally put Steve's Jeep in the garage, too. It won't take much more work...I think it's going to come down to us agreeing on whether or not we just take our extra junk to Goodwill or not. If it were up to me, I'd be doing that tonight!

So anyway, last night we had dinner at my Aunt Debi and Uncle Darin's house with my Pappaw. That was good. It's always good to be with family. I love them so much. And then we got home around 9:00 and decided that we were going to work out that next morning.

And it never fails. I either can't sleep well or I just can't fall asleep fast enough because I know I have to get up and work out at 5:00 in the morning. Naturally, we ended up talking to each other until about 10:20..but I slept pretty well. But when my alarm woke me up at 5:00, I groaned. I didn't want to work out. At all. I mean, tonight I'm doing yoga with people at work, so why let myself miss out on some sleep? But we both laid there for 5 minutes and realized we weren't going to fall back asleep...so we got up and went to the gym.

This morning I decided to try running again. Except this time I did intervals. It made me feel weak, but I also know it's a good way to build up my stamina again. I walked for the first 3 minutes at a 3.5. Then I ran for 4 1/2 minutes at a 5.9. I walked another 2 minutes and then ran for 5 minutes at 6.0 and walked again for 3 minutes at 3.6. I ran for 6 minutes at 6.0 and walked for another 3 minutes. I ran for 5 minutes at 6.0 and then walked again for the remainder (which was about 3 minutes and then a 5 minute cool down). Each time I do the intervals, I'd like to decrease my walking by 30 seconds and increase my running by a minute each interval. We'll see.

After the cardio, I did some side and back exercises and while waiting on Steve to finish a set, I did some hip abductor weight training.

All in all, it was a great workout and it's got me feeling amazing this morning. I came home took a shower and then got ready for work. I packed myself an amazing lunch and pretty good looking snacks! My breakfast is the same as it has been. Oatmeal with craisens. For lunch, I made a salad: lettuce, 3 cherry tomatoes cut in 4 pieces each, 1 stalk of celery chopped, a handful of alfalfa and bean sprouts. I brought an avocado and jalapeno to cut up as well to put in the salad. I'm pretty excited about it! For snacks I brought some honey nut rice cakes (less than 100 calories) and a small container of baby carrots.

Another cool thing: I haven't been drinking coffee. Instead, I've been drinking hot tea. Sometimes lemon flavored, other times just plain green tea. I think this may be one of the reasons that I'm feeling so good.

So that's it. I just feel great today. It may look dreary outside, but I'm in such a good mood. I honestly can't remember the last time I felt this good-despite having a scratchy voice from coughing last week.

I hope everyone's having a good week so far! It's Wednesday, people! 2 more days until the weekend! :)

No comments: